To teach the medical terminology and to provide better relationships with the co-workers in medicine field. With the basic anatomy and physiology education, to teach the physiopathology of diseases thus to make students understand the reasons of tests and examinations better, to teach the logical principles of the reasons of imaging. Also with the knowledge of the tumour characteristics due to the histopathology of diseases to teach proper treatment position, type and selection of dose level. To teach the primer staging of tumours, the assessment of the response to the treatment and to provide information of the needs of restaging.
Course Learning Outcomes:
To be aware of the localization of the organs allows finding true targets easily and avoids unnecessary reprocesses. Information in images that are used for treatment are crucial for determination of treatment target.
- Medical terminology
- Patient preparation in Nuclear Medicine
- Diagnostic tests in nuclear medicine: SSS, lung, RES, bone, kidney, cardiovascular, thyroid, oncologic practices.
- Nuclear treatment: a. Radiopharmasotics for treatment and their characteristics b. Radionuclide treatment types (I-131, MIBG, pain palliation, monoclonal antibodies, synovectomy) c. Treatment planning
- Imaging procedures a. Radiologic and fluoroscopic: Neurologic, lung, skeleton and muscle, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, paediatric, obstetric, cardiac, emergency practices. b. Special imaging techniques: CT, USG, MRI, mammography, nuclear medicine, vascular and interventional practices
- the use of contrast a. Contrast enhancement (in the systems using x-ray, USG and MRI) b. Biochemistry of contrast, c. Reactions
- Epidemiologic characteristics of oncologic diseases
- Pathologic classification: the frequency due to histological type and the probability of the response to radiotherapy
- The regions where the disease occurs: (the frequency due to the region, disease symptoms, diagnostic procedure)
- Metastasis.(metastasis regions , frequency of metastasis, diagnostic procedure)
- Determination of prevalence of disease (clinical and pathological staging, tests for staging)
- The discussion of treatment type of primer disease (Surgical, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, combined treatments, immunology, hyperthermia etc.)
- The treatment type of metastatic disease