Understanding the basics of radiotherapy physiology. Preparing for clinical applications by recognizing clinical radiation producers and radiotherapy techniques.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Learn the basic physics theories necessary for radiotherapy; how radiation is used, measured and used in radiotherapy; 3D and conventional treatment planning; dosimetric calculations and measurement methods.
- Structure of matter.
- Nuclear transformations.
- X-ray production.
- Clinical radiation producers.
- Ionizing radiation interactions.
- Ionizing radiation measurements.
- Characteristics of the X-ray beam.
- Midterm exam.
- absorbed Dose Measurement.
- Dose Distribution and Scattering Analysis.
- Dosimetric Calculations.
- Treatment Planning I: Isodose distributions.
- Treatment planning II: Patient information, Heterogeneity adjustments, Treatment preparation.
- Treatment Planning III: Area Shaping, Skin Dose and Area Combination Problems