Solid State and Retrospective Dosimetry Laboratory consist of three departments:
- Thermoluminescence/Optically Stimulated Luminescence (TL/OSL)
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR)
- Sample Preparation Room
The services provided by our laboratory and the research topics are as follows:
- Dating of geological and archaeological materials using OSL and TL methods.
- Analysis of luminescence properties of natural and artificial materials using TL/OSL methods (glow curves, dose response, minimum measurable dose analysis).
- Determination of kinetic parameters of natural and artificial materials.
- Detection of thermal activation curves (200°C to 700°C).
- Dating of geological and archaeological materials using OSL/TL & EPR spectroscopy methods.
- Registration of historical monuments.
- Investigation of luminescence properties and kinetics of natural/artificial crystals and their use as a radiation dosimeter.
- Determination of radiation doses of irradiated foods.
- Determination of radiation doses received by the patient and the staff during diagnosis and treatment using natural and artificial luminescence dosimeters.
- Retrospective detection of radiation exposure of individuals/cohorts due to natural and man-made radiation sources using TL/OSL or EPR spectroscopy methods.
Equipments and devices used in the laboratory:
Automatic irradiator/reader luminescence measurement system RISØ TL/OSL (internal 90Sr /90Y beta source, 1.48 GBq, Ref.Date=10.01.2009)
Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy System
Bruker EMX plus 10/12
Jaw crusher, sieves, ultrasonic bath, furnace, oven, fume hood, etc.
- Ankara University Luminescence Dating Research Laboratory http://www.tarihlendirme.ankara.edu.tr/index.html
- For services, visit http://nukbilimler.ankara.edu.tr/hizmetler.php